Sunday, July 18, 2004

The "Family" is in town...
 
The last few weeks have been exhausting...My older, shorter brothers have been in town and one with their wife and two small chillun's, one 4 and one a newly mobile 9 months.
 
Now being the rebel and a loner that I am, while I enjoy seeing everybody, I am always amazed how LOUD it is when the Italian-Irish (McWop, as I refer to it) mix that is everyone is together, and then combine that with my brother's friends coming over and bringing their little extensions of their own DNA and well, it gets a little frazzled. I am going to a family reunion for my mom's side in August, so I guess this was practice for it.
 
Add to the mix a work deadline that required me to work 32 hours of unpaid overtime, and I am starting to need a real serious nap!
 
Still, It was fun. The All-Star game was here this week, so we went and sat outside during the home run derby watching people run to get home run balls that went over the back wall at Minute Maid Park. 
 
My brother's son learned a valuable lesson when the old people say "Don't mess with the Psychotic Cat" But he got to play with my toys, so I rate as the cool uncle.
 
My niece (who some people stupidly made me her godfather) finally stopped crying when I would pick her up. And I found out that babies are really fun to mess with psychologically. Kind of like smart dogs, actually.
 
...So when am I going to start my own family? Not for a while I think
.



No comments: