Sunday, September 28, 2003

So I've been thinking about tolerance (oh boy, here it comes, I can hear you saying)
I have a few gay friends, in fact I lived with a lesbian for about a year....Sweetest person you'd ever meet. Supposedly, my religion tells me that these people are sinners and are going to hell just for being one of the 5 - 10% of the population that happens to like members of the same sex. Personally, I think as long as you are a good person, it shouldn't matter who you like, and that love is so hard to find in this world anyway, so if you find it in a guy or a girl, why should anyone give a $#!+.

It's not just sex, either. I know more than a few people that I would call "Elite-ist", people who believe their social status and education means that they are better than others. Now I don't know about you, but after I got out of college, I worked doing manual labor for a while, and I tell you these poeple are no better or worse than the white collar folk, In fact if it wasn't for garbagemen, auto mechanics and construction workers, this society would be nowhere. They may not have the education to do what I do, but I don't have the skills or know-how to do what they do, either. That's why I respect them.

...I figure that makes us about even....Can't we all just get along?

No comments: