Tuesday, September 16, 2003

Hmm...still trying to figger out how to use this dadgum thingamadoodle. Web page design always interests me...I find some sights are intuitive and some are not. It reminds me of some of the old choose your own adventure books from way back when (somehow I always died a horrible and grisly death, I guess that shows what great life choices I make.)

Anyhow, I'm rambling as usual. I was talking to a friend the other day about how it was when we were kids at school....back in the first grade I was smarter than most of the other students (don't worry, gang it went away VERY quickly!) and so me and girl named Charelle Batts were assigned extra readings and work, so we would not get bored (and eventually disruptive, me with a crazed imagination and having read way too many comic books!) while the other classmates caugt up to us. At the time it didn't bother me, but as I think about it today it was kind of like being punished for the ability to do more. I suppose the working world is like this as well...the better you do the more responsibility, the better the likelyhood of having a nervous breakdown...The opposite of this is the military adage that they promote you to the point where you can do the least amount of damage...which is why all the real badasses are Sergeants and Lt. Colonels.

Oh well, I suppose if I could handle it in first grade, I can handle it now.

No comments: