Thursday, April 22, 2004

On Cats and Comics...

been a while I know, but I have been busy at work...Been doing 10-12 hour days and Saturdays a lot as well. People tell me I work too hard, but they don't offer solutions on how to stop the madness.

Things are ok though...Pets are fine, $ is coming in, been given lost of 'sponsibility at work...Hence the long hours.

The only bummer thing was my friendly neighborhood comic book store closed down without warning...And let me tell ya, for a comic junkie like myself, it's the equivalent of having to find a new connection, a new dealer, literally.

now here's the deal, there are two kinds of comic book stores:

1. The typical dark and dank place that is operated by guys that look exactly or are worse off than Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons (at least he got some from Mrs. Krabappel) Where it is a maze of boxes and shelves and you never know what you are going to find and...

2. The well-lit, friendly family style store. Usually a minorly successful chain. Clerks are courteous and nice, genuinely concerned to help you.

Personally, I prefer the former....It's kind of why some people prefer cats to dogs...A dog will love you no matter what, but it takes a special type of person to have cats love you. If the more surly comic book store likes you, you have accomplished more.

Maybe that's why I prefer my psychotic cats.

No comments: