Friday, April 02, 2004

Got a "new" Computer...

The beauty of having friends in the IT biz... A friend of mine goes and upgrades his computer (to the typical god-machine that I can only dream of...He has 3 19" flatscreen monitors linked together...Awesome!) and asks me if he wants pieces to his old system, well of course you say yes!

So, while I may not have a system that is reserved for the IT gods (I do have that at work, though) , I at least have one that might be afforded to a lesser diety, maybe a house spirit, or a minor saint, depending on the belief system.

and besides anytime your own personal tech moves up in the food chain...it is good.

Work is not much different than this either...they are moving me up the food chain from "CAD Monkey" and have given me "CAD Chimp" by giving me management duties,and are testing to see how I will perform. I suppose eventually they will make me a real human boy.

Sorry...I read Planet of the Apes recently by Pierre Boulle. I have been slowly working my way through classic sci fi novels of late, Including Orson Scott Card's Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow, which I highly recommend. Working on some John Carter of Mars right now.

BTW, Go see Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind....weird ass movie, but an interesting look at the nature of memory...really cool!


No comments: