Wednesday, January 21, 2004

I was buying some toys yesterday....

I love toys...FAO Schwarz is going out of business in my area, and my office is quite nearby, so...

...Let's just say that damage was done to Mr. Visa Card.

Aneey-how, that got me to thinking about the concept of money. We exchange our skills, time and hard labor for a piece of paper with a number on it. We then take it to another place where we store it and maybe get some green pieces of paper to go and give to other people to get actual stuff. Or we give them a piece of plastic and then they look at it and record the numbers and give it back with the stuff.

It's quite the strange ritual when you think about it...I was thinking how this would look to Aliens or something of the sort:

"Well Zorblak, these fleshy things with the small eyes and the fur on their heads seem to exchange worthless pieces of paper for stuff."

"Why do they do that Greeblix?"

"I have absolutely no idea, Zorblak."


It's gotta go something like that.

No comments: