Friday, February 06, 2004

Super Bowl Sunday and Birthdays....

Like most every other American last weekend, I watched the Super Bowl...I'm not a serious football fan at all, in fact, I really don't care for the sport. Probably those formative years being messed with by the jocks...Course I could outrun them, because I was on the Cross Country Team.

...Anyhoo, the game actually was decent after the first 1/2 hour or so...But the thing that amazes me is this...NO ONE I KNOW HAS TALKED ABOUT THE ACTUAL CONTENT OF THE GAME! It has all been about Janet's Titty! Now she has been banned from the Grammys, while little innocent bastard Justin gets off scot-free...God bless America!

I feel Bad for the New England Patriots...They won a Super Bowl and nobody gives a $*!+. Congrats to y'all guys.

The other odd thing was the Game was here in my 'ol hometown. The majorly impressive thing is that it got people out into the streets downtown, over 200,000 people came out to see what all the fuss was about. There were also a severely limited number of arrests and injuries (under 50).

We just got this new light rail line, and people actually used it!

Traffic was only slightly more of a nightmare than it usually is!

....Yes Virginia, it's a Super Bowl Miracle.

Also my Pop's B-day was this week on Groundhog Day...We had him immortalized on the Wall of honor at the new Air and Space Museum in Washington D.C....He is a former rocket scientist.

Really, he is.

My older brother's was the week before...He claims he's only two years instead of 5 years older than me...Weird.

No comments: