Tuesday, November 11, 2003

Veterans day...

I was talking to my dad the other day, and the subject concerned life as a soldier in the Air Force in the 1960's...It came to my attention that back in the day it seemed to be a soldier was a much more respected profession in those days. I guess somewhere around the 70's, serving your country became more of a blue-collar (and ultimately and unfortunately less respected) career choice, and things went downhill from there.

I also find the interesting thing that whenever the news has anything about Veterans, they always show some guy from WWII...There's been a few more wars since then guys, let's show some respect and honor for the folks who survived Korea, Vietnam, Grenada, Desert Storm, and the rest.

Thank a Veteran today...Because they did it so we don't have to.

No comments: