Monday, June 20, 2005

Let the Summer Movie Season Begin...

Saw Batman Begins this last weekend. Saw it twice, once on the IMAX with my geek friends, and once in a regular movie theater with my autistic brother and a friend from church.

And lemmee tell you folks, It kicked @$$! I really enjoyed it, and it stood up to a second viewing which is rare for a change. To be fair though, I did see EP3 for a second time with my Russian friend, and it didn't seem as bad as it did the first time, perhaps I just wasn't in the right mood, but I gave it a C+ earlier, and it probably really is a high B-minus.

I hope the sequels to Batman are as good as this one, and I hope Fantastic Four doesn't suck, because I am obligated as a comic book fan to go see any movie that comes out that is based on a comic. While this is good and you occasionally see an X-Men or Batman Begins, or Spider-Man, you also have to see a Punisher, Swamp Thing, or god forbid a Catwoman.

Also, Cinderella Man was good (I haven't heard cheering at a movie in a long time), Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy was good, but you have to be a fan of the books, Layer Cake was excellent, Kung-Fu Hustle is hilarious. Kingdom of Heaven was ok, but I am not a history buff, so inaccuracies do not make me so angry.

Thus concludes my movie review section of my blog...

You take the good and take the bad...The facts of life!

(interesting side note-"blog" is not in the spell checker that comes with this thing! Funny!)

No comments: