Sunday, October 21, 2007

30 Days of Night...

I can't say I'm really up on the current horror genre, the Saws, Hostels, Jenifer Lopez movies, etc. But I went and saw 30 Days of Night because I had read "The ground-breaking graphic novel" to quote the trailer (A.K.A. "comic book" it is based on) and I do feel a certain obligation to those films based on comics. I also have a soft spot in my heart for zombie movies and this seemed to have a similar bent (the last Resident Evil movie was funny as hell, so you can get a gauge on my odd sense of humor...zombie crows! Bwah-ha-ha!).

Have to say this movie does its job, there is some messed up and creepy stuff in here. I thought they did a good job and although the movie is violent, there are things not shown Ala Hitchcock that make a few of the situations just downright...well horrible. Not to mention some moments where you just plain have to enjoy the intelligence of the villains. I love smart villains!

...Two thumbs up for me Dave!

"No, no, they're wrong! The creature they seek is the walking undead! Nosferatu! Das Wampyr!...[Family looks blankly]...[exasperated] A vampire!"
-Lisa Simpson-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Am I geeky for knowing which Simpsons episode (a Treehouse of Horror) that Lisa Simpson's quote's from? :)