Friday, February 10, 2006

More Life Weirdness...

Ok, guys, this falls into one of my "never in a million years would I ever..." Category of my life, which is more and more becoming the norm in my life. It's usually things like "never in a million years would I ever think I, the former hippy artist type guy, would ever have a job where he would wear a tie to an office every day", but this is a bit stranger.

Here goes..."Never in a million years would I ever go to a livestock auction."

Well, I did...Today I went to a livestock auction to help one of the school district's that I work for's Future Farmers of America program. Surprisingly, it was kind of fun, sort of like eBay on speed. Our group bought the fifth place steer for about $5500.00 and got our picture taken with a very unhappy animal. That's the part I feel bad about, these kids have to grow attached to these animals in some way, but maybe I just don't understand it because I am such a city boy. The closest I have come to the farm life is a pet chicken once as a result of an eighth grade biology experiment, and we had 'ol McGillicudy for about two years before his rooster tendencies kicked in and he had to be taken care of. My dad did the deed, and I knew it was for the best, but I still think it was a bit on the sad side.

...At least this helps the kids go to college.

No comments: