Saturday, September 24, 2005

Lovely Rita...

Well, out of a city of 5.2 million people- 1.5 million who left Houston, I was one of the people who did not try to leave the city.

I spent Thursday at work by myself along with two of the bosses who live close. The people that commute to the suburbs would not have been able to get back home because of the main highway evacuation routes.

The Galleria was closed, and so were most stores and restaurants, you know when McDonalds is closed, something is up.

I had Friday off, because the building had been shut down by the owners, and I had a nice visit with two other friends and their new baby (they also decided not to leave)

The hurricane came in Friday night, and I didn't lose power, water, or gas. We only got 2 inches of rain here.

Today, I cleaned up the yard and the house, and I got calls from people I rarely hear from, and My old roommate stopped by today, and we had a chance to catch up.

All in all a little surreal, but I'm pretty sure this could have been a lot worse...

No comments: