Monday, February 14, 2005

In Memoriam...

One of my projects was torn down recently in the name of progress...An outdoor reading classroom for a school in Bellaire was destroyed along with the old school in order to build a brand new school for the area. Personally, if I had gotten the chance, I would have left the outdoor classroom where it was and used it for the reading circle in the center of the library, but they never asked me. I think that's what bothers me about it is that I was never asked. My graduate school class put hundreds of hours and blood sweat and tears into building that thing, and it seemed so casually wiped out. Bummer. All I can hope is that is was such a S.O.B. to tear down, that by golly, those contractors will remember it.

In parallel weirdness, I also got most of my hair cut off yesterday...It is very, very strange to have short hair. I don't really recognize myself in the mirror yet, which by the way is a really, really odd feeling.

No comments: